Get Happy Summer Day Camp Leader
SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
“You have the chance to make a difference in the lives of a child this summer…”
The Hamlet of Clyde River is looking for energetic, enthusiastic and responsible leaders to provide program planning, supervision and direct leadership for participants in the Get Happy Summer Day Camp. Our camp runs weekdays in July and August for children ages 5 to 12.
You will be part of our summer day camp staff and will be leading a group of individual’s ages (5-12) to participate in day camp and group activities for our summer weeks. You will be responsible to teach and facilitate games and learning sessions that are engaging to children. You will be supporting the team in cleaning duties, general maintenance and running the day camp program. You will open / close the facility and providing exceptional service to our children.
Responsibilities: Successful leader applicants will…
- Work with other leaders and the Day Camp Supervisor to plan, develop, and implement safe, fun, and age-appropriate activities (day-trips, games/sports, arts/crafts), working with weekly themes.
- Lead, supervise, and instruct campers through daily activities in a respectful, enthusiastic, and inclusive manner.
- Communicate with parents by answering questions and addressing concerns within their scope of responsibility.
- Effectively work together with day camp volunteers, other day camp staff, the Day Camp Supervisor and all Recreation Staff at the Hamlet to ensure the efficient operation of the day camp.
- Provide administrative support to the Day Camp Manager.
- Qualifications & Experience:
Successful leader applicants MUST have…
- Experience working with children ages 5-12 in educational, arts, sports or recreational setting.
- Experience with age-appropriate activities for school-aged children.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work productively and independently while functioning as part of a team.
- Respect for the rules and regulations that keep the campers and our Hamlet.
Necessary Conditions for Consideration:
- Be between 15 and 21 years of age at the start of employment.
- Have been a full-time student in the 2019 – 2020 academic year and plan to return as a full time student in 2020 – 2021.
- Be available to work for the entire duration of the camp, including the training period.
- Provide a current Police Record Check.
Applications are to be sent, in confidence, to the Hamlet of Clyde River, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at the Hamlet Office no later than June 10, 2020
You may also fill in and send your resume via this posting.