Expired: Senior Administrative Officer
The Municipality of Clyde River requires a qualified Senior Administrative Officer with a strong and proven background in Municipal Administration. The successful applicant must also have good knowledge of Financial Management and Human Resources and be not just a team player, but the team leader.
The CAO is responsible to the Mayor and Council and is responsible for the daily administration and coordination of the daily operation of the community services.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A recognized diploma or degree in Municipal Administration or equivalent.
- Formal Training in Local Government Administration.
- Human Resource knowledge and skills.
- A minimum of 3-year experience in supervision.
- Proven leadership record.
- Equivalencies will be considered
- Familiarization with the statutory responsibilities as specified in the Hamlets Act and other related acts of Nunavut.
- Knowledge of government operations, statutes and, bylaws and policy making.
- Familiar with computerized accounting systems for Municipalities, Budgeting and Government Funding Programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to deal with staff in a diplomatic and fair manner.
- Must be Bondable and submit to a Criminal records check as a prerequisite.
The Municipality of Clyde River offers an excellent starting salary based upon qualifications. The Municipality also provides a Settlement Allowance and subsidized housing. Also, upon completion of the probationary period the Municipality of Clyde River offers a comprehensive benefit package. This includes pension, life insurance, performance bonus and Vacation Travel Assistance.
Closing Date: October 13, 2020 4:00 pm.
Candidates should make application to:
James Arreak, SAO
PO Box 89
Clyde River, NU X0A 0E0
Fax: (867) 924-6293
We wish to express our gratitude to all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Clyde River is a mostly Inuit community of approx. 1200 located on the eastern side of central Baffin Island in Canada’s Arctic. We have a Collective Bargaining Agreement with PSAC and operate with a unionized workforce. We are serviced daily by flights from Iqaluit on Canadian North. We are home to the Piqqusilirivvik Cultural Learning Centre . We are the access to Sam Ford Fiord, home of the world’s tallest rock verticals, Barnes Icecap, Ninginganiq ( Isabella Bay) Bowhead Whale Sanctuary, Agguttinni Territorial Park and Davis Strait/Baffin Bay Icebergs”